Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Empties # August 14


As you can see from the photo above, I managed to use up so many products in the last month! 
But I promise, I will try to keep as short as possible in my following reviews XD . So let's get started!!!


1. Paris Amour Body Lotion Bath&Body Works (12,50 $)
I bought this body lotion with the offer Buy 3, Get 1 free back in Istanbul. The consistence as all this kind of B&B W lotion is quite liquid but it is absorbed by the skin pretty fast. It was a pleasant sweet smell, but not totally my taste.
rating 3/5

2. Bagnoschiuma con estratto di iris Fiori Scuri l'Erbolario (9 € at Erbolario)
I've already talked about this product in this post. I can just add that I loved it so much..it is a pain I cannot find L'Erbolario products here in Munich. Adorable iris perfume!
rating 4/5

3. Moonlight Path Shower Gel Bath&Body Works (12,50$)
 I have already tried before the body lotion from the Moonlight collection and I must say that this is my fave B&B W fragrance so far: it is a refreshing flowery scent. Again such a pain I cannot buy these products here in Germany. Sob!
rating 5/5

4. Protective Dry Spray Oil SPF 15 Medium Hawaiian Tropic
 ok, let's be honest here. I bought this dry oil back last year in Fuerteventura only because it was sold with a free lip gloss - as my boyfriend told me: ' You are a marketing slave!'. Yes, I am XD But, I just loooooove the coconut perfume, awwww! I usually use only SPF 30/50 or total - no kidding- but I was really positively surprise by this product. I used it up last month on holiday in Turkey and it was great. Really fast absorbing, no oil traces and did not make me burn at all - ok, I NEVER lie directly under the sun and I re-applied multiple times during the day..I am always in the shadow but I hope you can understand a pale redhead destiny....
rating 4/5

5. Moisturising After Sun Lotion Nivea
I really have no idea how old this product was...for sure its cooling effect was gone...so I am really happy to have finally use it up!
rating 3/5

6. Soltan Once Sun Protection SPF 30 Boots
This was a last minute buy when I was last time in London. It was so sunny & with no SPF with me, I really needed one and fast! So I just grabbed the first small sun protection product I saw and...let me tell you: it was bad. It had an annoying sticky consistence and took ages to be absorbed by the skin...not nice    rating 2/5



7. No Wrinkles Eye Repair ThisWorks (46,22 €)
I decided to invest in this high-end eye cream last month, because I'd heard so much positive reviews about ThisWorks' products. I am not that sure that this eye cream is worth its price tag...the consistence is quite thick and takes long time to be absorbed by the skin - not good when you want to be quick in the mornings! - and if not massaged properly, it leaves an unpleasant layer of product on the eye area - yuk! The fragrance is also not my taste - but this is really subjective. I can add that it did de-puff my eyes but I think this is not enough to pay almost 50€.
rating 3/5

8. Botanics Hydrating Night Cream All Bright Boots 50 ml (3,99 GBP)
Another product bought in London back in Boots. The texture is very light and easy to be absorbed. I could not see that 'brightening' effect in the morning, but I think for the price, this is a valuable night cream.
rating 4/5

9. Special Cleansing Gel Dermatologica 250 ml ( 39,99 €)
I think this was one of the best cleansing gel I have ever used in combination with my Clarisonic Mia 2. It is a bit pricey but the results on the skin are really positive. Using just a little amount of product, it leaves the face perfectly clean without irritating - which is great for sensitive skins like mine.
rating 5/5

10. No Wrinkles Wonder ThisWorks (35,10 €)
I am still not sure to have actually understood what this product was: a serum? magic water? No idea. This watery essence should help reduce imperfections and redness. It should be used after the toner and before a serum, but as I am a lazy lady, I used it instead of my day cream in the mornings. I just warmed up few drops on my palms and than applied it on my face. Did I see magic results? Ehm no...Would I bother to try similar again? Probably yes, just because I am dreamer! XD
rating 2/5

11. Evian Facial Spray
I love thermal water spray bottles in the summer! They saved me multiple of times - as I hate sticky-humid-hot water. I manage to carry always a little spray bottle in my purse - and I find it perfect to use during travels or flights. I do not see so much difference between thermal water brands, just I can tell that this packaging was not the best. The spray handle almost broke a couple of times.
rating 3/5

12. Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution Sensitive Skin 500ml (17,91 €)
I have already talked about Sensibio Bioderma in this post , this was my 3rd bottle that I have used so far. I still think that this is the best micellar water that I have ever used. Great product!
rating 5/5

13. Supreme Cleansing Oil Sephora (9,90 €)
This was the first cleansing oil that I have ever used - also mentioned in this post. It worked well - used combined with a micellar water - without irritate the skin. I liked it but I have no Sephora here in Germany, so I decided to start using directly pure coconut oil - and the result it is pretty much the same without any chemicals on your face. Win.
rating 4/5

14. Delicate Brush Head Clarisonic Mia 2 (24,99 €)
Once again a new Delicate Brush Head for my Clarisonic Mia 2 - already described in this post. Still the best brush head I have tried so far!
rating 5/5

15. Camille & Rosehip Calming Day Cream Pai (sample)
This sample was a nice gift arrived with my order at allforeves.com. It had a nice easy-to-be-absorbed texture, although I was not a big fan of the Camille scent. Definitely I did not use enough to have a proper opinion about it.
full size? maybe!


16. AvoJuice Vanilla Snowflake Body & Hand cream Opi & 17. AvoJuice Coconut Melon Body & Hand cream Opi
I am so happy to have finally used up this Opi hand cream. As I said in this post, the scent was nice but they were not hydrating my hands at all.
rating 1/5

18. Top Coat Korres (9,90 €)
This was my first Korres product bought at Müller. It contained Pro-Vitamin B5 and minerals and no silicon, acetone, formaldehyde, toluoi and xylon. So despise being really 'natural', its performance did not meet my expectations. It did dry quite fast but add no shine on my nails at all and was so bad at protecting the nail polish under it. Not really worth the price tag...
rating 1/5

19. Express Dry Drops Essence (1,99€)
I wanted to find a good cheaper dupe for Opi Dry Drops...and I think I find it. It dries very fast the nail polish, it is just a bit too oily but for the price, I cannot complain! I have already re-purchase a new bottle.
rating 4/5

20.Nail Polish Remover Extra Strong Misslyn (4,99€)
A good nail polish remover, strong but not strong enough to remove glitter nail polish alone - but this happens with most of these products. 
rating 3/5


21. Shine Serum Aussie (4,99 GBP)
Another product from Boots - despite it is now Aussie available in Germany, I have never seen this here in stores.  I used it mostly on dry hair to give it texture and shine - and I pretty liked it. When I tried to use it on wet hair, ironically it did not have the same effect - no so much shine! Moreover, I tried to avoid to apply it near my hair roots as it made them greasy very easily - yuk!
rating 3/5

22. Body Builder Volumising Mousse Kevin Murphy
I was so sad when I finished this XD I bought this - my first ever volumising mousse, no kidding!- back at my German hair salon because I was so impressed when my hairdresser used it on me. It had the most lovely citrus scent and create a nice volume without making my hair sticky. It was great applied on dry and also wet hair before the blow dry.
rating 5/5

23.Catwalk Beauty Hairspray Umberto Giannini (6 GBP)
Hands down this is another products that I have bought mainly because of the cute packaging-shame on me!XD It was ok but it did not hold soooo good curls or straight hair.
rating 2/5

24.Keratin Therapy Mask Jean Louis David
I have said it before I LOVE this product line by Jean Louis David...it is just a shame that they have no online shop so I cannot re-purchase it from Germany :(  No other mask makes my hair soft and shiny like this one....
rating 5/5

25.Rockaholic Livin' the dream Shampoo Tigi
I presented this sulfate-free shampoo in this post and now I can say: it was bad. Really bad. It did nothing to my dry hair and its scent was ...horrible too - a kind of multivitamins shake scent...brrrr! I am just happy that I bought it on sales!
rating 1/5


26. Facial Towelettes with white tea extract Burt's Bees (7,95€)
I bought this Burt's Bees facial towelettes for my holiday in Turkey. I find them very practical to remove makeup - even though they are not as good as coconut oil - but good enough when you are not home. I was not that satisfied...they did not remove so well my eye makeup and the scent was for my taste way too overpowering. 
rating 2/5

27. Verbena Refreshing Towelettes L'Occitane
Last year I bought this refreshing towelettes at an outlet store. Very nice and practical to keep in your purse,  just a pity that they dry out pretty fast. *not for make up*
rating 2/5

28.Simply Sensitive Eye Makeup Removal Pads Boots (2,33 GBP)
Not a fan of these makeup remover pads. Even though they were truly sensitive on my skin, they were no help at removing my makeup.
rating 2/5

29.Wet Wipes Fruity Rose H&M
I am very impressed by these H&M refreshing wipes. They were extremely cheap but the scent was very nice, pocket-size was perfect and work really well!*not for make up*
rating 5/5

 

30. I love Extreme Volume Mascara Essence (2,75€)
No no no no. Sorry but I really don't understand the hype on this product...I hoped I could love it...but really no way for me. First, I found really hard to use it as its brush was bigger than my nose - no kidding!- and at the beginning when it was new, I just could not avoid to make a mess with it.. As times went by, and the formula dried it up a bit...I still did not manage to like it. It did absolutely nothing to my poor short and fair lashes. I also noticed that in the evening, the product dried on my lashes and started falling in little pieces on my cheeks - yes, not nice! I wish I could find something positive to say...oh yes, it is super cheap. XD
rating FAIL!

31.Baby Lips Pink Punch Maybelline (2,95€)
I first presented this lip balm here and as I said before...I knew this was not a good idea! I've never been interested in coloured lip balms as I find them not practical - and really, if I want colour on my lips, I will use a lipstick, right? But as usual I got influenced by YouTubers and Bloggers...so I bought it. It was not love...the colour payoff was nice only the first few seconds when I applied it and than...it disappeared -_- It was the same for the hydrating effect. The baby pink colour only suited me well when I had a bit of self tan on.
rating 1/5

32.Color Riche Rose Creme 453 L'Oreal (8,95€)
A high school friend used to tell me that I always wore 'old lady-shade' lipsticks XD This L'Oreal lipstick was a good example: a pinky-mauve shade with some metallic silver undertone...with a frost finish so end of '90 XD. Definitely not my taste anymore but very good for performance: good coverage and lasting effect.
rating 4/5

33.Gold Beauty Lashes
Who knew that a pair of fake lashes bought in 1 Lira Store (Turkey) could be so good? I was really impressed. Despite the cheap price tag. these lashes were really nice and easy to apply.
rating 4/5

34.Precision Eye Pencil Silver Stallone 030 Catrice (2,29€)
I should praise this eye pencil just for its name - Silver Stallone?!?!XD  This retractable eye pencil had a nice metallic silver, great pigmentation but...the lead way tooooo much soft and it kept breaking all the time - so you know now how I've finished this up. Just a pity, because it was very nice smudged around the eye.
rating 2/5


35.Eau Fraiche Dior Addict 50ml (69,95€)
I really love this flowery fresh scent by Dior - perfect for Spring/Summer months. Just a pity the scent did not last on my very long...for this price I expected better but I suppose this is very subjective XD.
rating 4/5

36. Body Spray Butterfly Wings Ted Baker 50ml (2,50 GBP)
I am a huge fan of Ted Baker so when I saw he had a beauty line in Boots - I had to buy something! I usually do not use body spray but I appreciated this sweet bergamot scent was nice , not too overpowering.
rating 3/5

35 Products....Well, if you are still reading this...thank you so much :D ! 
Do you know any of these products? Have you tried it? Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Ciao belle!!!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Sai che con le goccine asciuga smalto Essence mi sono trovata poco bene?le ho trovate parecchio oleose, ed ero costretta ad usarle sopra l'ultima mano di smalto perché altrimenti me lo rovinava :/ comunque quanti finiti!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cara!hai ragione le goccine sono ultra oleose- di solito le uso anch'io solo all'ultima passata di smalto...che poi puntualmente rovino in ogni caso perche' non so stare ferma XD! Comunque quelle di Opi sono ancora meglio....ma costano un sacco!!!eheh i prodotti sono tanti perche' lo scorso mese ho saltato il post - mea culpa!!!

      Delete
  2. L'acqua micellare Bioderma sto per finirla anch'io, la adoro <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anche per me, fra quelle che ho provato, rimane la migliore! :*

      Delete