Monday, 2 June 2014

Empties - June 2014

Here we are with another empties post!
I really thought that I was going to love this Bath&Body Works candle in Frosted Cupcake...but I didn´t >__<```` I bought this candle in combo with the Christmas Cookie one, already described in last month´s post, and both had an overpowering vanilla scent that just gave me headaches :( . I know, I shouldn´t be surprise by this - I mean, what I was expecting from a cupcake scented candle? XD but I must add that it also did not burn very evenly. Very disappointing.
rating: 1/5
In the past I´ve tried many brush cleaners , expensive and cheaper, too but I think I am overall most satisfied with Mac Brush Cleanser. It cleans very rapidly the brushes without ruining them and I think it is perfect for "spot" cleaning - it cleans very well but don´t expect miracles for highly pigmented eyeshadow  or liners....but great for in between washes. I use it everyday at the end of my makeup look and It keeps my brushes in great condition. The only downside of this product is the packaging. It is really annoying that the bottle has not a spray dispenser and I think, using it directly on a tissue is a great loss of product. I transfer all the liquid in a Muji spray bottle and I am super happy with it. It is much easier to use in this way and it lasts much longer with no loss of precious - and expensive - product! I am currently using a new bottle of it and for now I am not planning to change my routine - also because, being in the "BacktoMac" program , it´s a great way to use faster Mac products :P!
I usually buy it at Douglas for 16€.
rating: 5/5
I used this Bübchen Baby Shampoo to wash my brushes - yes, my "babies" XD! This shampoo was very delicate and it contained wheat protein and aloe Vera. As it was suitable for baby´s sensitive skin, it had no perfume, no colourants and no polyethylene glycol. It did "its job", my brushes resulted clean and soft but I really did not like its no-smell fragrance. 
I paid it around 2 € at Müller.
rating: 3/5
I´ve finished also my second Eos Smooth Lip Balm from the Easter Spring Duo. I talked about it already in this post and now I can just confirm that I find these Eos lip balm not that special. It moisturised my lips quite well for the first minutes after apply it, but the effect won´t have lasted long. The "Passion Fruit" flavour was not really my liking too - I found "Strawberry Sorbet" much better. I still love the packaging though which is super practical and beautiful. As I said before, I think it is worth buying only directly in American stores  - as I did for about 7$- but certainly not on EBay, where they are sold for about 20$!ouch!
rating: 3/5
When I bought Boots Serum 7 Lift Rejuvenating Night Cream, I was looking for a rich night cream which could compensate for the fact that during the day, I was using a serum like product for my face and not the usual day cream. My skin needed more moisture than normal and I think this cream was pretty much perfect. It did not take ages to absorb - a plus! and the scent was very classical but not overpowering. My skin was really well hydrated and soft too. I did not see much difference in my wrinkles area - but I hope it is because I have not many XD. I bought it at online pharmacy shop DocMorris for 25,99€.
rating: 4/5
I have already described in this Tumblr post post how oil-free dual-phase Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover saved my day when I was in Turkey. I kept using it back home, mostly when I was in a hurry and did not have really the time to use my oil-based Sephora makeup remover.  I think it is a good product for sensitive eyes like mine. It is gentle but effective, although it did not work 100% well on hard to remove mascaras as Benefit They´re real! Which is not that good, noticing that it has written on the stick cover "removes even waterproof mascara", doh!>_<` I bought it in a supermarket in Corlu for about 17 Turkish Lira - about 8€.
rating: 3/5

I have been using Derma Fresh Pelle Deodorant for the last ten years and I  am not going to change this routine. This is the only one deodorant that my very sensitive skin tolerates. Back  in tha day, I had huge problems finding a suitable deodorant for me, as all of what I used gave me skin rashes and eczema - not nice I know. My dermatologist prescribed this pharmacy deodorant for allergic skin containing no alcohol, no fragrance, no preservatives and tested on heavy metals. It has a milky texture, which was a bit annoying at the beginning but now I am used with it - I strongly think that all deo-sprays are not suitable for allergic skin...but this is just my opinion! This is an Italian product and I usually stock up of it when I visit my parents back in Italy or my mum is so nice to send me them to Germany. Surfing in Internet I found an Italian website selling the product for 7,92€.
rating: 3/5
Next product is Neutrogena Clean Normalizing Shampoo in a sample size. I use it as shampoo and body wash during my mini-break holiday in London and I can just say that it cleansed well my hair but add not moisturise at all. Being a shampoo for normal hair, I could not expect much for dry locks XD. I found no trace on it in Internet so I am supposing that this is a discontinued product.
full size? no, thanks!
Before you will have an heart attack, hearing how much I paid BB Bumble and Bumble Colorminded Conditioner, I will like to tell you something in my defence ;) As you know I am a redhead, even though my natural colour is a mixture between red and gold - see the Italian "fulvo" adj.-I decided to make it darker and redder last April when I was back in Italy. Yes, you hear right my dear beloved hairdresser lives in Italy and I don´t trust many people around my hair...especially for the colour!Unfortunately, I am not planning soon any trip to Italy and my hairdresser, so I really wanted to buy a good product which would help me fighting a possible regrowth signs  and avoiding a visit to a German hairdresser.  This conditioner did its job very well: it moisturised and made my hair shine - I could really see the difference from other conditioners. It has a really strong chemical scent which lasted on my locks; this didn´t disturb me but I strongly advise you to "smell" it before buying. The biggest no go is the price tag : 35,99€ for 150 ml at Douglas. Crazy I know...I bought it because I had a discount coupon but although it is a great product...is really too much expensive!
rating: 4/5
Some months ago I start using some supplements in order to get a bit more of power :) This month I used Tetesept Haarkraft Supplements which contained zinc, biotin and folic acid. Thanks to this hair supplements, I noticed that I was losing much less than usual and my locks looked stronger than before. It supported my hair growth too -but not dramatically. Please note that you should drink just 1 tablet everyday - as written on the product´s instruction- do not exceed the recommended dose! Price is 3,99€ for 30 tablets.
rating: 4/5
Bath&Body Works Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel is definitely my favourite hand sanitizer. I love the packaging - perfect to carry in your purse, the flavour are just incredible - love Pink Lemonade, and it doesn´t dry so much my skin as other brands do. It is just super annoying that it is so hard to reach this product! I visited the Baht&Body Works store in Istanbul at İstinye Park twice in the last 6 months and both times it was not stocked at all :(( I bought this one with a 5 piece discount offer  - 5 for 5$ -directly in a Baht&Body Works store in Miami...and now I am using the last one :( 
rating: 5/5

Before start talking about this product, I kindly remind you that this is just my personal experience with this product, I also recommend before purchase to ask your parent advice in case that you are underage and finally to visit your dentist before trying any whitening product.
Said all of this, let´s get straight to an important point:  I have not the whitest teeth. I hope I did not disgust you, what I mean is that my natural teeth colour is not white as other people have - even if I don´t smoke. This is not dramatic - they are not yellow as a witch, no worry! - but I have always found annoying that it is noticeable with some kind of lipsticks - as coral tone ones. My dentist reassured me that it is a genetic thing and has nothing to do with hygiene - good to know, because I wash my teeth each time I can, quite obsessed about it!
So till now I´ve whitening my teeth once professionally at a dentist in Italy and last year using GoSmile system at home by myself. The results were OK, but I wanted the "pearly white" results so after reading and seeing hundreds of videos, I decided to purchase Crest 3D Whitestrips Intensive Professional Effects.
For all this time, I tried to avoid whitening strips because I know it caused teeth sensitivity and because teeth treatment  is not the best thing for your tooth enamel...but what can I say ---- Vanity killed the cat :P

How to apply it is showed in the picture below taken from the packaging:
.

One package contained 7 whitestrips and you are supposed to use it everyday for two hours - in this two hours you are not allowed to eat or drink anything except water... and you cannot really have a social life because you will talk like Silvester the Cat XD. It is very easy to apply and remove the strips and there is no danger that they would come off themselves. 
Me , of course, did everything right for the first 5 days....had almost no sensitivity problem at all and the whitening effect was already visible. Than on the sixth day....I went on holiday to England and totally forgot about the strips till I was back XD Life happens, sorry! So I used the last two strips much longer after the first 5...and I think this was a mistake because at the end the result was not that good as I was expecting. Worse on this, I had a sensitivity problem after "my break time"...I had some teeth pain during  the night after applying the 5th strips, but thankfully, this was all.
All the reviews I read or see were made by people with already super white teeth, so from my point of view, this product really works BUT it doesn´t do miracles!
No Ross Geller pearly whites, sorry!!
*Google images
I bought this product at Biovea.com for 72,40€ - expensive but remember that you should use this product just once or maximum twice in a year.
I don´t know if I would re- purchase it because I don´t want to damage my teeth - even if Crest assures they don´t - and the sensitivity pain can get really strong
rating: 4/5
So this was it!Do you know this products?Any experience to tell me?Let me know what you think!
Baci belle!!
post signature

10 comments:

  1. Ma di quanti toni sbiancano queste strisce?Io non ho mai avuto il coraggio di provare questo tipo di prodotti, anche perchè avendo 3 capsule, le strisce non avrebbero effetto sbiancante. Neanche io fumo o bevo the, in compenso non ho denti proprio bianchi.:S ufffffffffff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridget :) non ti aspettare un sorriso alla Ridge Forrester di Beautiful ma diciamo che migliora!certo é che si tratta solo dei denti frontali...non so se mi spiego XD io ammetto di bere un sacco di caffé ma non riesco a farne a meno :P

      Delete
  2. Ahahah che ridere l'idea di parlare come Gatto Silvestro :) io ad esempio ho gli incisivi piuttosto bianchi, ma gli altri denti hanno una pasta leggermente più scura... Non per via delll'igiene, ma proprio di natura, purtroppo. Attualmente sto usando una macchinetta Blanx che funziona, non ho denti super bianchi, ma non li avrò mai per via del mio colore di base appunto! Sai che le candele alla vaniglia causano mal di testa anche a me? Attualmente ho una Yankee Candle Lime e Vaniglia che speravo fosse meno 'vanigliosa'... Risultato? Vorrei finisse in tre minuti e invece so che durerà per mesi. Sob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si, la parlata alla gatto Silvestro e´molto sexy XD!!!La macchinetta della Blanx non la conosco, mi dovro´davvero informare, anche se come dici tu, se é una cosa di natura non si puo´fare miracoli!Anch´io mi ostino a comprare candele dolci e poi mi fanno morire di malditesta XD ma le candele della Yankee Candle mi piacciono un sacco!!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow you finished so many products! You have lovely blog :) xo's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Laura!!I enjoy using up products...so I can shop more ;)

      Delete
  4. Quanti prodotti *-* sono sempre stata incuriosita dalle striscette sbiancanti, ma non le ho mai prese.
    Ho solo paura che possano rovinare i denti :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. non posso darti torto....assicurano di no, ma di certo non giova allo smalto!comunque per ora non ho avuto problemi -per fortuna!

      Delete