Monday, 24 March 2014

SEXY MAMA theBALM - POWDER TO GO?




I have been looking for a while for a nice compact pressed powder to carry daily with me in my bag, so I was sooo happy when I´ve finally found this super cute The Balm product.

TheBalm Sexy Mama Anti-shine Translucent Powder has the cutest paper packaging with vintage design and it is exactly the perfect size to fit in my beauty bag. Even if I have not particularly oily skin - except in the t-zone- I find that this powder sets really well on the skin and the result is quite natural, not cakey at all as you can see from the photos below:

Photos have different lighting-very sorry for that- but you can trust me, there was no colour difference!
Sexy Mama powder contains tiny oil absorbing spheres - which I honestly didn´t feel when I applied it - so I suppose it could dry a bit in the long run....I say suppose, because I have not tried it yet for long hours. But I will keep you informed!So till now everything OK, right? Well not really...as soon as I bought this product I realised that...well there was no sponge or blush applicator included -doh!. Yes, I know, if you´re home you can grab a brush and no problem, but as I said before...I wanted to use it as a powder-to-go for quick re-touch...so I have now this dilemma - first world problem,yes- what should I use not to have an even bigger mess in my bag? I come with two possible solutions:

This really not so glamorous sponge applicator - bought in Rossman for few euros- which I might carry somehow also in my beauty bag...but it is not that hygienic, right?

Second possibility is this Artdeco Travel Kabuki brush that I use very very rarely. I think it could be "the solution" but it is annoying to carry extra stuff like this. I am still not sure what to use, so if you have any advice, it could be great!
I really like TheBalm paper packaging but now I realise that they are not so practical...and I am not a big fan of de-potting either, so for now I think I should find a good compromise ;)
I bought Sexy Mama powder in Istanbul - at Watson´s but not so sure XD. TheBalm products are sold online in Germany on feelunique or shades-of-pink for about 17/18€ and in Italy in La Gardenia make-up stores. 
What about you?Do you have any TheBalm product?Let me know!

Baci belle!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment